In recent years, law firm websites have emerged as a primary point of contact with prospective clients. For law firms that take advantage of the right technologies, websites can become an extremely efficient platform for maximizing lead generation. In essence, the website becomes a hub for marketing and business development activity.
MarketingSherpa recently published a chart illustrating key components of an effective website management strategy that can help realize the marketing potential of your firm's website. These components (adapted for law firms) include:
- Using website analytics data
- Website content that is clear and compelling
- Using separate microsites to more effectively promote lucrative "niche" practice areas
- Website updates made efficiently and timely using a content management system
- Website is optimized for the search engines
- Website is integrated with CRM and email marketing systems so leads and opt-ins automatically flow into the appropriate databases without manual intervention